In accordance with the efforts of the USGA, ASGCA, GCSAA, PGA of America, Audubon International, and other allied associations who have shown their commitment to protect and enhance the natural environment, we make the following declaration to our clients and to golfers worldwide.
WE ASPIRE TO:
- Create courses on sites that will sustain golf with minimum disturbance to and maximum enhancement of natural ecosystems, and/or rehabilitate degraded landscapes and environments.
- Move earth more efficiently to create courses that fit their sites and respect the natural characteristics of the terrain.
- Design and construct courses with ongoing operations and future maintenance and sustainability in mind.
- Protect native flora and fauna.
- Protect and enhance wildlife habitat and other sensitive environmental areas while providing active corridors for species diversity.
- Minimize clearing of trees and other native vegetation and, where possible, revegetate with indigenous plants from the site.
- Create courses that use less water, pesticides, and fertilizers than traditional courses.
- Protect, conserve, and improve water quality and resources by incorporating wetlands, turfgrass, and other natural site features to clean and filter water.
- Maximize the effectiveness of available water through the use of drought-tolerant grasses and specify soil amendments that lead to water conservation and—where applicable—absorb properly-treated effluent.
- Employ new technologies wherever and whenever feasible to further these goals.